Friday 12 May 2017

It's Italian, why should I be surprised?

Riding through Belgium and into Germany with my hazard lights permanently on was not in the plan. My bike was not playing to the rules and nothing I tried would turn them off. Randomly they did occasionally stop, but would start again after a few miles.

Thanks to a fellow Peg enthusiast who identified the cables and connector for the hazards, I had a plan to avoid 6 months of the bastards flashing. Of course the next morning when I put the fuse in and switched on, everything worked OK!

I had to get under the tank to find the connector to isolate the hazard button.


After putting it all back together again and going for a ride, we managed a whole 10 miles before they came on again.

That means there is either a short just before the ECU or an issue with the ECU.

I think I will call this one the bastardette :-)

At least it was all done in a nice setting, in the Eifel National Park, somewhere we had never heard of but looked good on the map.



Successfully made it to east Germany, I might rename this blog "Arm signals across Asia " (assuming we get that far ....)

No comments:

Post a Comment